Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lifereinspired

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2019
Hello,

I use Remote Desktop apps frequently from my iPad Pro and even my iPhone. Most connect to Win 10 (though this will be fading away as soon as I can), plus also Linux and in the near future, a Mac Mini. I’ve used Chrome Remote Desktop (which I’ve abandoned due to concerns about privacy), also TeamViewer (only as a backup or to connect to my Linux server until I can get Jump/Screens working on that platform), and currently using Jump. It’s much easier to use for me than TeamViewer (better touch/mouse movement, faster, smoother) but I was recently introduced to the Screens app. It seems like a great app and I like the ability to use an iPhone as a touchpad but I was wondering if anyone actually has compared it to Jump and TeamViewer. I’d love to hear any experiences and comparisons. I know that it doesn’t have the two choices of protocols that Jump has but it definitely looks good. Any info would be super helpful. Thanks in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.