Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

etaleb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2012
Which older used Ihome 30-pin dock model would you recommend for a 10 yr old with a budget of $50-75 on ebay? I want something compact for the bedroom so not considering Apple Hi-Fi or one of the larger speakers. Also need alarm clock & radio and not wider than 12 inches. Currently it'll only be used as alarm clock and FM and separately I'll look for an iPod in the future. Thanks!

Last edited:

philden

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
Which older used Ihome 30-pin dock model would you recommend for a 10 yr old with a budget of $50-75 on ebay? I want something compact for the bedroom so not considering Apple Hi-Fi or one of the larger speakers. Also need alarm clock & radio and not wider than 12 inches. Currently it'll only be used as alarm clock and FM and separately I'll look for an iPod in the future. Thanks!
Any reason you are looking for an iHome model? I have the Cambridge Soundworks i765, which sounds great. There is an i755 on Ebay the moment, which is similar, just without the CD player: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2669961601...JCYwqAeyOYsW5LhrikjFcHCg==|tkp:Bk9SR_7toebCZA

Slix

macrumors 68000
Mar 24, 2010
I'd suggest looking at local thrift stores or yard sales for stuff like this. Many places try to basically give these things away, since hardly anyone wants an iPod dock anymore. You could probably find one for $10-30 if you find any. I've used iHome alarm clocks in the past, and basically any of them are good, but note that some of the older ones won't support charging for newer iPod models (like the 6th gen nano) because they use FireWire charging in the dock itself.

erihp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2020
my advice get a regular 30 pin device dock with native line out and then you can use any speakers you want/like/have/can afford

if you really want the coolest 30 pin speaker dock you kinda gotta get the Apple HiFi one...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.