Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BayouTiger

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
New Orleans
Now that many are getting their shiny new IMP's up and running. I am curious what accessories you are finding to fill in the blanks.

I've been using a Mac Pro for several years now, but still have two 12South Risers. They are not Space Grey, but will do the job. I like them for storage of my externals, keeping everything handy.

The Satechi Clamp Hub Pro looks enticing. I've bought several accessories from them over the years and they have all performed well. Only issue has been then I have found that some are just rebrands of items I have found elsewhere for much lower cost.

Apple is proud of their black lightning cable which is no big deal since I have several lightning cables from other vendors in all sorts of colors. What would be nicer would be some black TB3 -> TB2 adapters as many of us will have more than one hangin out back to connect all out TB2 stuff. I have a Pegasus, QNAP, and Dock that are connected via 10M Optical TB2 cables. So far I haven't seen any TB3 cables over 2M, even active ones.

Yes this all shallow aesthetic stuff, but it's a pricey, beautiful machine, it might as well be tidy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.