Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DadBod630

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 13, 2015
Hi There I am An 44 year old Dad of 3 kids and I'm wondering if you guys think it would be better for me to have the 7 or the 7 plus When it comes out on the 10th

Thanks,

Jared

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Try them both out and see what you think. I like the form factor of my 6s and I'm xx years old. (where xx is older than you. :) ) I may give the bigger phone a go though just to check it out. But there are days I think the 6s is too big. YMMV as they say.

IHelpId10t5

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2014
Hi There I am An 44 year old Dad of 3 kids and I'm wondering if you guys think it would be better for me to have the 7 or the 7 plus When it comes out on the 10th

Thanks,

Jared

The iPhone 6 is all the phone anyone needs and will be at a great price point shortly after the new models become available. If you are any kind of Dad you'll put the extra cash into a college saving plan instead of getting a new iPhone with features that nobody "needs".

DadBod630

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 13, 2015
The iPhone 6 is all the phone anyone needs and will be at a great price point shortly after the new models become available. If you are any kind of Dad you'll put the extra cash into a college saving plan instead of getting a new iPhone with features that nobody "needs".

College is a waste of time and money.

alexmarchuk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
New Jersey
College is a waste of time and money.
Downvote, but regardless.

I'm a 6'2 individual and I have had every iPhone to this day. I always loved the 5S and swore to keep it forever, well the 6 came out and I said it was ugly and blah blah. I did get a 6 eventually. It was 0.7" larger. I got accustomed to it for a year or so. I then had the opportunity to go to the 6S Plus, so I did. I have never had a phone at 5.5 inches so at first is seems cumbersome, but to this day I can not use a 6 or a 5S due to their size.

The 5.5" I think is the optimal solution for me, maybe others as well. I have no disappointments or regrets.

mjb59463

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2012
My dad is 75 and currently has the iPhone 6s. After he played with my 6s Plus, he said that he wants to move to the 7 Plus when it is released because he feels that the bigger screen is better for his eyes.

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
My dad is 75 and currently has the iPhone 6s. After he played with my 6s Plus, he said that he wants to move to the 7 Plus when it is released because he feels that the bigger screen is better for his eyes.

Plus also has a better battery... which may be important for older folks?

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
People wasting time debating which phone to get before even knowing anything about them, interesting hobby.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Replying the way the OP did to a person that immiediately judged him negatively as a father for. It automatically going with an iPhone 6 was absolutely appropriate.

To the OP, never tell people you have kids on a forum. They all know how to raise them better than you do.

As far as answering the question, I can't. Your age and the number of kids you have isn't relevant for this type of decision. You can get a good idea of what you're getting with the 7 and 7 plus by just looking at floor models of the 6s and 6s plus. Aside from the camera improvements I don't think you'll have much else to look forward to.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
@DadBod630 , congrats on returning from your suspension. I hope your time off was well spent. ;)

I think it all comes down to screen real estate vs. the cumbersome nature of a larger phone. Which is more practical for you and for your usage?

Reactions: fischersd

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
At 65 the Plus is my choice. The size is not an issue and whether reading or watching movies it is so much nicer. But, yes, play with both first. Only way to know. My and other's opinions don't matter--:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.