Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
Apple. Not cheapest but their refurb are warranted and where I buy whenever possible.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
It's the RAM. 6+ has 1 GB, 6S+ has 2GB.

I Understand the 6+ only has 1 GB of RAM. What I was indicating, is that the iPhone 6 Plus is already outdated in terms of hardware and isn't manufactured anymore, however its still fully functional and widely used with current iOS support.

Reactions: Peter K.

Math889

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2016
I Understand the 6+ only has 1 GB of RAM. What I was indicating, is that the iPhone 6 Plus is already outdated in terms of hardware and isn't manufactured anymore, however its still fully functional and widely used with current iOS support.
It's laggy ! Always laggy . Can't imagine this phone running iOS 11 or higher iOS versions.

Reactions: Peter K.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I'm say craigslist, but just make sure it's not under contract so either get the IMEI and check in advance of due so before paying. This site would probably be a good option too. Better deals than eBay can be found.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Without question... buy from the Apple refurb store. You get a new battery, outer case, and one year warranty which you can add Apple Care + onto. And you won't have to worry about it being locked, blacklisted, etc. ;)

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
Not sure what the OP's uses are, but I have the 6+ still and it runs fine. I guess from the OP's standpoint he should lean for the 6S+, but for me, the 6+ has been great since day 1. Laggy? Well I don't put my phone through heavy usage enough to see any lag.

I didn't upgrade to the 7+ because the upgrades were too minimal. I kind of wish I had just because it would have been nice to have the updated camera, force touch id, etc, but apple should have made some other design changes to warrant the upgrade.

I am on the fence with the Samsung, but feel that the coolness will wear off and I will be back to the iPhone. Plus most of my family and friends use iMessage and thats convenient. Plus, having iMessage to answer texts on my mac is nice.

OP: go with the 6S+ just to future proof yourself a little longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.