Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndyMers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2021
This is a very confusing question

What ideally is the best type of Popsocket case for daily use ie (driving attachment/magsafe/swapping Popsocket tops)

I noticed there are those magnetic grips ones, ones that actually grip the phone, ones that stick permanently to the phone, and ones that are also like a phone case.

Too make things more confusing some don't have swappable tops and some are not magsafe compatible.

Finally Popsocket are kinda of expensive,

So any advice or experience in this area?
It's my first iPhone!?

MAGSAFEMATE

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2021
Magsafe one is way batter if you using iPhone 12 or 13. I bought several magnetic wall mount base and found I could stick my ring grip on it. pretty sure popsocket can do the same too.

d00ae1a5add050c8a12f2d8a932746c.jpg

aspenextreme03

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2021
This is a very confusing question

What ideally is the best type of Popsocket case for daily use ie (driving attachment/magsafe/swapping Popsocket tops)

I noticed there are those magnetic grips ones, ones that actually grip the phone, ones that stick permanently to the phone, and ones that are also like a phone case.

Too make things more confusing some don't have swappable tops and some are not magsafe compatible.

Finally Popsocket are kinda of expensive,

So any advice or experience in this area?
It's my first iPhone!?
Not sure how it is expensive when buying a $1K phone or close. Magsafe ones are like $25

Cruncher

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2010
I love the Magsafe Popsocket. I mostly use it at home on my couch. No need when I am out of my house.
IMO it is the only Popsocket/Ring Accessory with Magsafe which really has a strong magnet.

Sigvard

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2008
I love the Magsafe Popsocket. I mostly use it at home on my couch. No need when I am out of my house.
IMO it is the only Popsocket/Ring Accessory with Magsafe which really has a strong magnet.
+1 for the MagSafe socket. It's attached to my phone 95% of the time and the only way I can comfortably use the iPhone 13 Pro Max one-handed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.