Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aspyred

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2020
Who is using a PopSocket or something similar with their iPhone 12 Pro?

Is anyone waiting for their MagSafe ones? Or are you all using some finger clip accessory that allows you to hold the phone easier that isn’t too bulky on the back of the phone?

Would appreciate suggestions! I miss my Pop Socket after upgrading.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Who is using a PopSocket or something similar with their iPhone 12 Pro?

Is anyone waiting for their MagSafe ones? Or are you all using some finger clip accessory that allows you to hold the phone easier that isn’t too bulky on the back of the phone?

Would appreciate suggestions! I miss my Pop Socket after upgrading.
I’m using an ordinary Pop Socket on the back of a Caudabe clear case. Well actually my new 12 is in its silicone case at the moment. But when I use the clear case the pop socket is on the case. I haven’t seen any magnetic pop sockets yet. I’m not sure I’d trust them at this point. I’d want to see reviews first.

Reactions: Aspyred

lsh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2012
Cincinnati, OH
Have you tried phoneloops.com? You have to have a case for it to work, but I love mine. Doesn’t interfere with the charger. I have a secure grip on walks. It’s ricidulously inexpensive - oops. Pricing went up $3 from my last order.

Aspyred

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2020
Have you tried phoneloops.com? You have to have a case for it to work, but I love mine. Doesn’t interfere with the charger. I have a secure grip on walks. It’s ricidulously inexpensive - oops. Pricing went up $3 from my last order.
Appreciate the suggestion!

I don’t use a case with my phone unfortunately, just tempered glass for the screen, so I wouldn’t be able to attach the strap.

That’s why I’m hoping on the new PopSocket for iPhone 12 as it’s fairly small, light, and won’t require a case of any kind.

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
i have a couple of ohsnap grips from a recent kickstarter campaign. ohsnap.com i love them but wasn’t using mine because i didn’t want to glue their metal ring to the back of my apple leather case. today i gave up and cut the cable on my magsafe charger. glued the metal ring to the back of the magsafe puck and i’m in heaven with this. imho the ohsnap grip is better than a popsockets. maybe i’m crazy for repurposing my magsafe charger, but for me it’s worth it. magsafe grip and kickstand plus i have their stand. i can take some pictures tomorrow if there is any interest.

Aspyred

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2020
i have a couple of ohsnap grips from a recent kickstarter campaign. ohsnap.com i love them but wasn’t using mine because i didn’t want to glue their metal ring to the back of my apple leather case. today i gave up and cut the cable on my magsafe charger. glued the metal ring to the back of the magsafe puck and i’m in heaven with this. imho the ohsnap grip is better than a popsockets. maybe i’m crazy for repurposing my magsafe charger, but for me it’s worth it. magsafe grip and kickstand plus i have their stand. i can take some pictures tomorrow if there is any interest.
I am interested! That sounds great, please post your photos here!

Meggb17

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2020
Has anyone tried the ideal of Sweden magnetic phone grips. I’m curious to see if they even need the back plate or if they’ll work directly onto the silicone case or phone? ?

Meggb17

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2020
Has anyone tried the ideal of Sweden magnetic phone grips. I’m curious to see if they even need the back plate or if they’ll work directly onto the silicone case or phone? ?

Attachments

• 869A334B-AB0C-4630-AF63-E7ED0EB9B366.png
    869A334B-AB0C-4630-AF63-E7ED0EB9B366.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 173

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
my guess is that won’t work. their case has a metal plate in the back. the magsafe back on an apple case is a magnet array, not strictly metal. and the magsafe accessories are also a mixture of magnets and metal.

Reactions: Meggb17
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.