Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daccg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2016
London
Hi everyone,

I'm opening this thread to get some advice on which sleeve should I get for my MacBook Pro 15 mid 2012 but first let me give you some details about how I carry my MBP:

1. Currently I have an Incase neoprene sleeve, which I bought when I first got my MBP. See picture below:
91atwzw-ClL._SX425_.jpg

2. Then I put it in a laptop bag, a Tech Air Z0720. Picture below:
IT_811tech_air_maletin_basico_171.jpg

3. Then I normally commute to work and/or college by bike (a round trip of 18 miles).

However, even though this combination should be enough for anyone I feel it isn't for me. I don't think either Incase's sleeve or Tech Air's bag offer sufficient protection against a drop from the bike or let alone a slip from a desk/chair. I'm therefore looking for a more protective case (I like the backpack so I wouldn't like to change it unless there's something real good and cheap out there). I've had a look and the most protective sleeves I've seen are the ones from G-Form (picture below).
34272_1_3.jpg

Nevertheless, I would like to know the opinion of the MacRumors community, see what they'd recommend for me so please, do let me know your thoughts on this!

Thanks in advance guys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.