Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedimasterkyle

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 27, 2014
Idaho
Apologies if this has been asked before but I am in need of some assistance when it comes to finding a suitable and APPROVED iPhone stabilizer for Disney World.

My wife and I are going to Disney World the first week of June and while reviewing the Do's and Dont's of the Mouse House, I found that extending selfie sticks are not approved. This creates a dilemma for me as my favorite iPhone stabilizer IS my selfie stick. I used it for Star Wars celebration a few years ago and it worked perfectly! No batteries to charge and it kept all of my video stabilized the whole weekend.

Since these are not allowed into Disney World, I am trying to find an alternative that meets this criteria:
  1. Does NOT extend at all.
  2. Does not use Bluetooth or batteries
  3. Has a wired connection for recording.
Basically, I need a non-extending version of this:

I've found bluetooth/battery enabled options that would work but I'm trying to do this as cheap as possible so I dont really want to spend for a battery operated gimble.

If anyone has any suggestions or alternatives, please let me know!

Spetsgruppa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2021
If you have stable hands,i would recommend getting a phone mount and a mini tripod(you can use the mini tripod as a holder) from Ulanzi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.