Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
I have come to a little debacle - I was initially going to get rid of MobileMe and move everything over to SmugMug which I did for a few months and now I am also needing to be hosting a great deal of websites so the move over to MobileMe makes since to reduce costs.

Is there a way to have all of my photos stored on the MobileMe Gallery and then if I need a local copy later in the future to sync those down to my desktop.

Here is the workflow I am trying to accomplish - iPhone to MobileMe (done) - in the future the ability to easily grab my content and have it stored locally -

I was doing this with SmugShot with iPhone to SmugMug but found there was not an easy way of getting my content synced back - I would love a solution to do what I was doing on SmugMug but with MobileMe.

Please help - I have been trying to find good solutions but none have as of yet come up -

Also any apps that will do what SmugShot does - a camera replacement that directly uploads to my galleries without any local storage - that would be awesome to hear if there are any available yet.

Thanks!!

xIGmanIx

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
I have come to a little debacle - I was initially going to get rid of MobileMe and move everything over to SmugMug which I did for a few months and now I am also needing to be hosting a great deal of websites so the move over to MobileMe makes since to reduce costs.

Is there a way to have all of my photos stored on the MobileMe Gallery and then if I need a local copy later in the future to sync those down to my desktop.

Here is the workflow I am trying to accomplish - iPhone to MobileMe (done) - in the future the ability to easily grab my content and have it stored locally -

I was doing this with SmugShot with iPhone to SmugMug but found there was not an easy way of getting my content synced back - I would love a solution to do what I was doing on SmugMug but with MobileMe.

Please help - I have been trying to find good solutions but none have as of yet come up -

Also any apps that will do what SmugShot does - a camera replacement that directly uploads to my galleries without any local storage - that would be awesome to hear if there are any available yet.

Thanks!!

i would like to throw Dropbox in the mix as a potential to your workflow, i believe they have an app for that too :D

Dropbox

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 29, 2006
I do have a DropBox account but my library is 2.5 GBs and feel it is too expensive if I have a MobileMe with storage through iDisk - problem being that iDisk is not functional with large files and was giving me upload times of more than 24 hours - and felt that that would not be a good way to go

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.