Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appledog

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
Any advice on the best utility for uploading to Flickr from iPhoto?

Flickr offers their uploader for Mac, but also mentions that FlickrExporter for iPhoto is available ($25) as an iPhoto plug-in... now the current Macworld says iP2F is a great little app available for $15.

The company that makes FlickrExport for iPhoto also sells FlickrExporter for Aperture, and offers 50% off that app if you bought the iPhoto version.

I'm assuming these plug-ins are a step up from Flickr's own uploader--
anyone have any suggestions?

onomatopoeia

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2007

Not really. They do all the same things (tagging, placing in groups, etc.) but they are just a matter of convenience as you can upload from within your photo organizing app.

I use the Aperture Flickr uploader and it works well. It does crash Aperture on occasion, however.

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Any advice on the best utility for uploading to Flickr from iPhoto?

Flickr offers their uploader for Mac, but also mentions that FlickrExporter for iPhoto is available ($25) as an iPhoto plug-in... now the current Macworld says iP2F is a great little app available for $15.

The company that makes FlickrExport for iPhoto also sells FlickrExporter for Aperture, and offers 50% off that app if you bought the iPhoto version.

anyone have any suggestions?

I use Lightroom, and I set the Flickr Uploader as an additional external editor.

So, when I export my photos, I set my settings, click export and they open in the Flickr Uploadr with all meta data attached.

I have never used iPhoto's plugin, but there is a free trial right?

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
My general "To Flickr" workflow is:

Lightroom -> Export to "uploads folder" -> Drag to flickr uploadr -> Upload -> Drag photo from "uploads folder" to "exported folder".

Works pretty well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.