Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kamera RAWr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Sitting on a rig somewhere
Hi, I'm Troy McClure, you may remember me from such threads as "Worth upgrading to the D200?" :D I'm now very much considering selling my D80. I'm not the biggest fan of eBay... and trying selling it locally, so far hasn't yielded much. Any advice is always greatly appreciated. :)

CptnJustc

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2007
I don't know what your experience has been like, but I've found eBay to be particularly good for cameras and equipment, so maybe you should give it another look. Cameras (and especially lenses) hold their value pretty well. Takes some practice to get efficient at the process and know all the little snags to avoid, but it can be quite rewarding after a while.

failsafe1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2003
I use eBay all the time and have no troubles. You can keep your fees down if that is why you are not a fan. Don't use fancy listing stuff and don't use paypal those will help with the fees. I like paypal also so that is a selling point for me when I use eBay. Craigslist, local bargain traders, or even a local camera shop that you have a good relationship with. The camera shop option will yield the worst return but is an option.

walangij

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2007
MI
Like others have said, Fredmiranda.com or ebay are the best bets for making a lot of money, I've had no experience with KEH.

At fredmiranda.com you have to pay a small fee though (but substantially less than ebay, maybe like $4.95 in compared to $20+ depending on your final price for ebay)

I sold my old DSLR gear which was the Digital Rebel kit for far more than I expected, sold it for $400 on ebay with a buy it now, I didn't expect it but someone bought it. That made the most money and I bought a Rebel XT for the same price I sold the Digital Rebel, not so bad trade off. Fredmiranda is probably the safest (you set the price) and best site though if you want a quick response, very friendly people and awesome prices to buy used but most likely you'll make the most on Ebay (maybe).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.