Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vikas027

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
Hello Guys,

Can someone pls suggest a charging stand? Somehow, I don't like the phone lying flat on my desk.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I have this on my desk at work.
It's not a fast Charging stand but does it's job well and I prefer not to fast charge my devices if I can avoid it.
I only fast charge in a situation when I need to.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0753Z4PGC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
31ZaiZCKORL.jpg

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
I tried one of the Samsung ones and it was absolutely terrible and eventually just stopped working.

I bought two of these for me and one as a present for my old man.
Mophie Wireless Charging Base

I concur, the Mophie is 100% the best of the group currently available today. It's smaller size, but solid build make it great. I got the Belkin fast charger and 3-4 others, and none perform as well as the Mophie.... it's the current winner in the "it just works" category. Now I'm in the market for a great powerbank that has Qi wireless charging built in. Seems a less clear frontrunner in that field.

I could have done without the "my old man" reference tho... I never know when people say that if they mean their dad or their husband. In reverse context, "my old lady" usually is a term people from poorly educated backgrounds use for their wife.... so it's confusing. Maybe "my husband" or "my father" would be better next time... :)

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I concur, the Mophie is 100% the best of the group currently available today. It's smaller size, but solid build make it great. I got the Belkin fast charger and 3-4 others, and none perform as well as the Mophie.... it's the current winner in the "it just works" category. Now I'm in the market for a great powerbank that has Qi wireless charging built in. Seems a less clear frontrunner in that field.

I could have done without the "my old man" reference tho... I never know when people say that if they mean their dad or their husband. In reverse context, "my old lady" usually is a term people from poorly educated backgrounds use for their wife.... so it's confusing. Maybe "my husband" or "my father" would be better next time... :)
haha lol. I'm 30, so it's my dad.

chriscrowlee

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
San Diego, CA
haha lol. I'm 30, so it's my dad.

Well plenty of 30 year olds are married, so it could be your husband. It's not an age thing, it's a geographic\education thing. I spent a year in Minnesota and a coworker who was 23 always referred to "my old lady" referring to his wife. I never quite understood it, but he was from the sticks, so I always just assumed it was how he was raised to refer to "the wife" LOL. I always tease people when they say my old lady or my old man tho, just cause it's fun, hehe.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Got the Samsung one that you can have flat or standing up

Not cheap be great for bedside so I can see notifications without picking it up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.