Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twombles62

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
As a iPhone X and 13 Mini fan - I've just picked up a 16 pro and keep wishing it was a little smaller.

Has anyone compared the sizes of the 15 pro and the 16 pro side by side, and is there a noticeable difference in handling and one hand usage?

The added screen size is not really a benefit either - it's just a little bigger overall but does not utilise any extra real estate.

Random Gecko

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2008
London, England
I have upgraded but I think I’m going back, and the size is the main reason. The 15 Pro is the perfect size IMO and whilst the actual specs don’t suggest much difference, it is noticeable to me.

Reactions: Fozamo

ProbablyDylan

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
It's noticeable. Less than 1mm wider but the size difference is noticeable. I highly recommend checking them out in person before committing to it if the size can be an issue.

Reactions: Fozamo

Phone Junky

macrumors 68030
Oct 29, 2011
Midwest
If you’re that perceptive to notice a thirty thousandths of an inch difference on the width of an almost 3 inch wide device, then yes, I guess it’s noticeable. :rolleyes:
IMG_0573.jpeg

Reactions: Yuuuki

Random Gecko

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2008
London, England
If you’re that perceptive to notice a thirty thousandths of an inch difference on the width of an almost 3 inch wide device, then yes, I guess it’s noticeable. :rolleyes:
View attachment 2425915
I don’t understand why that’s an eye roll? I literally have the devices side by side and it’s noticeable. Whether that matters is entirely subjective but why would it be such a shock that anybody could perceive it?

I play guitar professionally and I (and many many others) can detect differences far smaller than .9mm in things like string height etc. It’s really not that hard to believe.

Reactions: Anonymous123

Yuuuki

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2023
Germany
Just something to get used to imo. Some people make problems out of something where no problem even exists.

Macbookey

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2023
I don’t understand why that’s an eye roll? I literally have the devices side by side and it’s noticeable. Whether that matters is entirely subjective but why would it be such a shock that anybody could perceive it?

I play guitar professionally and I (and many many others) can detect differences far smaller than .9mm in things like string height etc. It’s really not that hard to believe.
Guitarist here as well. Random Gecko is speaking the truth. IME the larger phones are easier to handle and use as a result of the dexterity that is gained through years of playing. Without it, I would find the larger devices unmanageable. Cannot know until you try, but stick to what works best for you.

saber32au

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2019
Not a guitarist myself, but yes after using something everyday for 5+ years when I pick up a new phone I noticed a difference in weight, width and height.

No different to driving a different car, using a different laptop etc etc. You notice these little differences.

Whether it bother me (or not) is another question entirely…if I’m going to buy item…maybe? Depends on how much it bothers me…

A 1mm and 3mm difference in width and height respectively…probably not.

12g of weight…I’m sure I can get used to it.

Reactions: Macbookey
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.