Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2012
Hi,

I work with subtitles using a Windows program, where I'm constantly precision-navigating video files while typing. So far I've always used a Windows laptop where the built in numpad would control the video file, but I'm now looking to move all my work to my MBP. Using an external numpad or keyboard is not an option because I need to be able to work comfortably while traveling etc.

My question now is: would it be possible for me to set up gestures using Better Touch Tools that I could use to navigate the video files while working in Windows using Parallels?

I'm hoping to avoid shelling out with hard earned cash just to possibly learn that this won't work, so I'd be really very grateful for any replies!!

Thanks!

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
I don't see why not. Better Touch Tools allows you to convert trackpad gestures into keyboard combinations, so you should be able to maps gestures to the keyboard commands that your software uses. Keyboard strokes do pass through Parallels into a Windows VM, so that should be fine too.

This is all theory, but you can test it yourself without monetary risk since it has a free trial period.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.