Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bandw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
BetterTube+ is a YouTube client app for iPhone & iPad, it offers premium features of YouTube official app for FREE
- Offline playing
- Uninterrupted music
- 100% free
- More
Download: http://smarturl.it/bettertubeplus

Key Features:
  • Video & Music Download
    This app lets you download videos and music from YouTube directly on your iPhone and iPad
  • Background Playing
    Your music or video plays uninterrupted in the background, even when you open another app
  • Music Discovery
    Search for any song, artist or album and play or download for free. Get inspired by related recommendations.
  • Built-in YouTube Functionality
    Access and manage your subscriptions, playlists, favorites, etc. just like the official app
  • Export Videos
    Export videos to your computer and share with your friends and family easily.
    You can also save videos to system Photos or convert to audio for saving device memory storage space.
  • Totally Free
    You can download and use this app totally for FREE.
ss1_frf19x.png

DOWNLOAD THE APP: http://smarturl.it/bettertubeplus

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
I wonder why this isn’t offered in the App Store. What’s the “catch”? Don’t feel comfortable blindly trusting nothing is amiss.
It’s not in the App Store because Apple won’t approve it. YouTube asked Apple to take down Protube, it was the only competitor.

bandw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
I get that Apple won't approve it. That was a given. The question is why it couldn't be approved.

Hi, I'm the developer of BetterTube+, looks like there are many people concern on the app was built with an enterprise license instead of publishing on AppStore:
The download functionality and background playing were not allowed by Apple, because YouTube sells these features in its Red subscription service for about $10/month, YouTube asked Apple to remove apps that have these features.
I like YouTube and use it frequently, the Red subscription is not for sale in my country and I think the subscription is not worth so much.
I made BetteTube+, to share the app with more people, I built it with an enterprise license, it can be installed without Apple approval.
The app has a formerly name "MediaBurner", its first version was released in 2011, it's been keeping improve in 7 years. You can check the history by searching my postings in this forum.
I use the app every day, hope you will like it.

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Hi, I'm the developer of BetterTube+, looks like there are many people concern on the app was built with an enterprise license instead of publishing on AppStore:
The download functionality and background playing were not allowed by Apple, because YouTube sells these features in its Red subscription service for about $10/month, YouTube asked Apple to remove apps that have these features.
I like YouTube and use it frequently, the Red subscription is not for sale in my country and I think the subscription is not worth so much.
I made BetteTube+, to share the app with more people, I built it with an enterprise license, it can be installed without Apple approval.
The app has a formerly name "MediaBurner", its first version was released in 2011, it's been keeping improve in 7 years. You can check the history by searching my postings in this forum.
I use the app every day, hope you will like it.
What country are you from?

hwojtek

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Poznan, Poland
Sideloaded app, since probably most of the features wouldn't be approved by Apple. Too bad, I'd buy it right away if it was approved into the store. Sideloading and installing foreign certificates scares me off, though.

freeman1899

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2015
Same for me. And at the moment ProTube still works great. So no need to try it right now. But I am watching and following this app in case ProTube stops working on my iPad.

Would it be an option for you to make the code available? Create a GitHub project or so? I think that such an app has an audience but most are sceptic about downloading it.

tosbsas

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2008
Lima, Peru
Wierd - why is the license conected to Medical Network ..... more than wierd. Any of the Moderators looking into this thread. ?

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Anyone has tried this? Mods?

I don't normally don't trust apps that have to be sideloaded outside of the App Store.
Now and again there are apps in the App Store that offer these same features, mostly with ads, but sometimes you can also find ones with a pro or in-app feature that have background playback, no ads and even offline.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.