Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmecsw

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2009
Hey,
I love my iPhone and I love photography, so I thought purchasing a lens from Moment would make sense.
I cannot think of a worse customer experience .My wife attempted to place a web order for a case and a few lenses, only to get rejected by Moment's overworked and underprepared web site.They sent an email explaining how overwhelmed they are, and that they only have 20 staff, so I should understand.I did, and was finally able to place the order a couple of days later.Then, yesterday, another email from Moment; this one saying they are running behind schedule, and if I want the items as promised, I would have to pay an additional $35 for an overnight Courrier. When I wrote them as asked why there ineffiecncy became my problem, and asked if they would cover the fee and honor the original deal, they said no, and refunded the purchase price,eventhough my wife reached out and said she was the one ordering the lens and she still wanted it Here is the actual exchange:

hey richard,

thanks for the email. i went ahead and canceled your wife's order. you will see that back on your credit card in 5-10 business days.

i understand the frustration but life is too short to work with customers that just want to send negative emails and give the team bad ratings because they don't like the answer. we clearly can't deliver at the level you expect so please buy from someone else. we are constantly pushing to get better so hopefully someday we'll be at the point we can exceed your expectations.

you are welcome to yell at me. i'm the founder of the company.

thank you,

How would you rate my reply?

Great Okay Not Good

Marc Barros

@marcbarros

Moment

Good news, Moment works for iPhone 8, iPhone X, and Google Pixel 2.

We're giving away an iPhone X and $7000 in gear!

Download the Moment App.

Follow us: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Snapchat | YouTube

{#HS:484295579-112667#}

1315195555.gif

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 3:10 PM PST, Richard > wrote:

And add automated emails to your problem list.

On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 2:13 PM PST, Richard > wrote:

All I seem to get from you are excuses,

First you web page couldn’t handle orders, and now you are behind schedule and have the audacity of suggesting an overnight shipping fee of $35 to get the order , in the time frame originally offered and promised.

Wow, you should eat the additional shipping charges to have some integrity vs placing the burden on the customer.

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 8:30 AM PST, Andrew Stoner <hello@shopmoment.com> wrote:

Hey Richard,

Thanks for reaching out.

We're currently experiencing a high-volume of traffic and it is slowing down our site. Our team is working quickly to improve the speed, and we'd recommend checking back by tomorrow. You can also shop Moment on Amazon right here.

Our sale will be running through the end of November, so there's still plenty of time to get your order in with the sale prices.

Thank you for your patience.

All the best,

Andrew

Andrew Stoner

@andrewheartsbacon

Moment

Good news, Moment works for iPhone 8, iPhone X, and Google Pixel 2.

We're giving away an iPhone X and $7000 in gear!

Download the Moment App.

Follow us: Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Pinterest | Snapchat | YouTube

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 7:02 AM PST, Richard > wrote:

Hello

My wife and I were trying to purchase a macro lens for the iPhone X and a case as well. The lens was on sale as was the case. We went through the entire process and then, when we pressed complete order, a “502 Bad gateway’ page came up. I do not know if my wife’s order went through or not.

Her name is Barbara ,Order was placed on her Visa card. And was to be mailed to me, Richard E at same address. Can you please let me know if the order went through or not. And if not, can you please let me know how to place it other than via the website, as we do not want to have that problem again. Thank you!

Last edited:

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 7:02 AM PST, Richard Evans <rmecsw@gmail.com> wrote:

Her name is Barbara ,Order was placed on her Visa card. And was to be mailed to me, Richard E at same address.

I think the owner's response was awesome, and that you show questionable judgement, not only by complaining about this, but also by leaving your actual name and email address as well as the name of your wife in the post for all to see. That's not a wise decision.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I think the owner's response was awesome, and that you show questionable judgement, not only by complaining about this, but also by leaving your actual name and email address as well as the name of your wife in the post for all to see. That's not a wise decision.
I disagree completely. The order was placed and an agreement of sale in place. They should honor it. IMO shows why they have only a few employees and are evidently struggling. Bad leadership.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Where's the email where they said it would cost $35 for overnight shipping? All I saw were courteous emails from them and then suddenly an irate answer to your irate email. Missing a piece of the jigsaw.

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
Looks like they were willing to honour the original price for postage but offered you the option to upgrade to overnight to stop your order being delayed: they weren't forcing you to take that option, you could just have waited. Without the crucial couple of missing emails from the thread it's hard to be sure exactly what happened there, of course.

Based on what we see here I'd award full marks to the founder for telling you where to stick it, frankly. Maybe you could stop spamming literally every thread on here that has ever mentioned Moment with your negative comments as well.

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
Someone treated you the way that you treated them and it is somehow on them? I am making a purchase from them right now.

Also, may want to edit out the 'how would you rate my reply', like precursor I rated them great and even made a comment.

Reactions: Precursor

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Well, the company has more than enough personal information, and cause, to go after this guy for online defamation, if they want to.

On the other hand, the thread has generated business for Moment. I just ordered a tele lens and photo case for my X.

Reactions: Daremo

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
Not only was his response acceptable, and on point, but I have purchased and worked with Moment since their very first kickstarter and all I have to say is, they are a fantastic company, and an even more amazing product, and worth the wait for the quality. Seriously. I can't recommend them enough. Sorry you didn't have the experience you had expected, and where it can be frustrating, I would still give moment my business over and over again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.