Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Millone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2020
South Africa
I am generally very satisfied about Big Sur.
The problems I am experiencing are all with Microsoft Office:
  • Search boxes not working when the app is in full screen
  • MS Team in full screen mode, when trying to share the screen, requests permissions for screen recording which are already granted.
  • All top menu (saving, printing, etc..) not working in fulls screen mode. Such menu area becomes unusable.
Is there anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Thanks

Tilly83

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2020
yes, I am having the same issue. I have offices 365 so I am hoping that Microsoft fix this issue at the very least when Big Sur is out of Beta but not holding hope for a resolution too soon!
Reported this issue through the Feedback app anyway, and may have a trawl of the Office forums as well

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
Have you folks updated to MS Office V16.41? I hove none off lithos issues.

Lou

Tilly83

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2020
yep, just checked and still the same on 16.41

Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 11.43.02.png

Tilly83

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2020
However, updated today to new BETA and it appears to have cleared this bug - I can finally use full screen office apps again!

alexrx

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
I am generally very satisfied about Big Sur.
The problems I am experiencing are all with Microsoft Office:
  • Search boxes not working when the app is in full screen
  • MS Team in full screen mode, when trying to share the screen, requests permissions for screen recording which are already granted.
  • All top menu (saving, printing, etc..) not working in fulls screen mode. Such menu area becomes unusable.
Is there anyone else experiencing the same issues?

Thanks
I gave up on Big Sur and went back a step and all is fine in Mohave
seems a bit ridiculous to upgrade and have issues
couldn’t operate Microsoft Office , search or even print to a basic HP printer
I called Apple they told never to go back on software and to buy a new printer and Office sucks “ and I quote we are a Fortune 500 company and we don’t ask anyones permission to upgrade so if the folks at Hp can’t keep up buy a new printer
i guess they think. I have money to waste during Covid
I use

ItWasNotMe

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2012
It's seriously wrong on an M1 using the ARM version of Word.

Open a file on an encrypted HFS disk. Fine

Do some edits - save it without exiting - fine except the filename in the title changes to WDR001, WRD002,... depending on how many edits you've done that day. Save it again without exiting and all hell breaks loose. Once it even managed to completely lose the original

Start again - open a file, do some edits - Quit without saving - Do you want to save - Yes - saves the file (properly), then tells you it can't save the file as its in use, would you like to save it under a different name. Say Yes and you have two identical files with different names.

alexrx

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
Does anyone remember when you bought a Mac
because it was made well and easy to use right out of the box ?

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^I've been buying Macs since the mid eighties. They all have been "easy to use right out of the box".

Lou

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.