Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Markjkc

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
Ireland
Hi all,

I updated to Big Sur and have noticed that certain features on my MX Master mouse are no longer working.

I had a few buttons set to do certain tasks such as change desktops and they no longer work since updating. The most annoying one is that the scroll wheel doesn't work but he left and right buttons still function ok.

Is anyone else having the same problem or even better, does anyone have a fix?
I had a look online and on here and I don't see anything.

Software is up to date, even did a fresh install of Logi options.

Thanks for any help!

Mark

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Hi all,

I updated to Big Sur and have noticed that certain features on my MX Master mouse are no longer working.

I had a few buttons set to do certain tasks such as change desktops and they no longer work since updating. The most annoying one is that the scroll wheel doesn't work but he left and right buttons still function ok.

Thanks for any help!

Mark
I can check it on my 2015 iMac tomorrow and let you know.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
Mine is and has been working fine since the first beta and is still working fine in 11.0.1.

Lou

massa007

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2020
Dortmund, Germany
Same here! MX Master 2S worked in the first place but after a few reboots I lost all functions except left and right mouse click as well as moving the pointer.
The deamon is not running but I´m also not able to restart it out of the folder. Any hint?
By the way I also tried to reinstall everything which didn´t work either...

cmhsam

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Can you add the daemon to the login items under your username in “users and groups”?

massa007

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2020
Dortmund, Germany
Did that already but it doesn´t appear in the processes list even after a reboot..
That´s where I should see the Deamon, right?

Additionally I just recognized that I cannot see the Logitech Options icon in the top tray anymore - are those problems connected?

massa007

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2020
Dortmund, Germany
FYI: I have reset my Mac with Big Sur and didn´t restore any backup which seems to work now. Deamon is running and all buttons and gestures are working again!

Markjkc

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
Ireland
It’s seems to be working again. I restarted the machine a good few times under different circumstances and it appears to be all working again!

Reactions: nmeed

mj_

macrumors 68000
May 18, 2017
Austin, TX
I used to get that behavior all the time dating back to at least High Sierra, of not further. It only happened whenever I had my mouse connected to my Mac via Bluetoot instead of the included Logitech USB dongle. It would work great for days, weeks, sometimes months, and then all of a sudden fall to basic mode and refuse to do anything other than left click, right click, and scroll up or down. I have since thus reverted back to using the Unifying receiver, and all has been well in macOS land again ever since.

lemoncurd6

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2020
Can anyone help? Big Sur messed up big time.. anyone can help with TAC-2 zoom not working since upgrade?
Downloaded and installed drivers on iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2015) but yet to work.. apple customer service are useless..

Monotremata

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2019
Fontana, CA
Can anyone help? Big Sur messed up big time.. anyone can help with TAC-2 zoom not working since upgrade?
Downloaded and installed drivers on iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2015) but yet to work.. apple customer service are useless..

Well, Apple aren't the ones that are responsible for writing new drivers and making it work. Dont upgrade your OS until your hardware maker says its compatible.

DavidRodz

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2020
Hi all,

Thanks for any help!

Mark
Hi, I read that you got to fix it. But just in case, a quick fix for me was disconnecting all bluetooth devices, restarting the Mac and connecting once again the mouse. Don't know if the restart or disconnecting all bluetooth devices was necessary but did it anyways just in case after gathering some info of other people experiencing the same issue.

Reactions: Markjkc

yurc

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2016
inside your DSDT
Logicool Option Daemon someone doesn't load properly into background process or not responding, that's cause MX mouse feature stopped working.

I had resolve this issue by reinstalling latest Logicool Option installer, the daemon load properly each startup now. <ine is MX Mouse 2 though.

guymickle

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2021
I don't use the Logicool Option, just Bluetooth. I had the same scrolling issue and fixed it by turning off Bluetooth, which disconnected the mouse. I restarted the computer, turned on Bluetooth, reconnected to the mouse, and the scroll and other features were working again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.