Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Barb HPA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2021
Is there a way to run Office for Mac 2011 Home edition using Big Sur on my new iMac with an Intel chip? Any patch programs that will let me run it? Sadly, I was told by AppleCare that Office 2011 won't run on Big Sur. I have my 2011 CD with 3 licenses and hate the idea of the new Microsoft subscription or once again buying their new costly Office outright.

I am thinking of buying a portable optical drive as Apple has done away with including those. Don't get me wrong, I love my 10-yr. old MacBook Pro but High Sierra is beginning to get too old for some of the newer apps and some websites. I can continue temporarily to use Office on my MacBook but at anytime the logic board could go again for the 4th time and leave me with the black screen of death.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I was told by AppleCare that Office 2011 won't run on Big Sur. I have my 2011 CD with 3 licenses and hate the idea of the new Microsoft subscription or once again buying their new costly Office outright.
I too have the 3 license version of Office 2011 and am not able to use it with Big Sur. However, you can find the non subscription version of Office 2019 on sale from several sites on the net. These are legal versions not copies or pirated versions.

Also, the Mac App store sells Microsoft Office 365 (annual subscription) Personal version for $69.95.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.