Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hawken1977

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2019
App opens then immediately disappears although it shows that it is running. Anyone else having a similar problem?

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
Same. Mine was working up until the latest PB and then it stopped. Fortunately, it's more of a convenience thing for me.

marben79

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2019
So now blackberry work launches and sometime i can send an email.. but most of the time it just hangs. There was an update that came out and it is not fully working.

matthew23

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2010
So now blackberry work launches and sometime i can send an email.. but most of the time it just hangs. There was an update that came out and it is not fully working.
Same for me. I thought about deleting and reinstalling but I hate having to spend time with IT getting a new access key...

Firewolve

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2009
If anyone has tested it with the new beta 7, I would be very interested in the current status.

xxMACxx

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
New beta, same result. At this point it's probably pointing to a Blackberry work update and probably new keys.

marben79

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2019
New beta, same result. At this point it's probably pointing to a Blackberry work update and probably new keys.
Agreed.... frustrating it doesn’t work. Almost thought about downgrading back to iOS 12. Hopefully an update is coming soon.

bp123

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2019
If anyone tested BlackBerry work on 13.1, will you please update your experience, Thanks

JoelyMagoley

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2016
If anyone tested BlackBerry work on 13.1, will you please update your experience, Thanks
It doesn’t seem to be any better or worse than the last couple of 13.0 betas, in my experience. Mine does not like emails with graphics. It freezes when loading the email and requires two force quits to get it back to useable.

Reactions: jdechko

bp123

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2019
It doesn’t seem to be any better or worse than the last couple of 13.0 betas, in my experience. Mine does not like emails with graphics. It freezes when loading the email and requires two force quits to get it back to useable.
Thanks for the update, it's too early for me as I use that app for my work very often

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004

I still can’t use Blackberry Work, even on 13.1 beta. UEM client is fine and I can run Access (web browser). I even have tried launching directly into my calendar from UEM but it still kicks me right back out to springboard.

Firewolve

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2009
We are all spoilt from the nice iOS 12 transition - the Good / Blackberry team has always been ridiculously slow. I don’t remember how it was for iOS11 but for 10 and earlier BlackBerry / Good Work never worked pre GM, often even only weeks after the release.

JoelyMagoley

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2016
I still can’t use Blackberry Work, even on 13.1 beta. UEM client is fine and I can run Access (web browser). I even have tried launching directly into my calendar from UEM but it still kicks me right back out to springboard.
That happened to me a few 13.0 betas ago, and I had to uninstall/reinstall and get a new key. At least that hasn’t started again with any of the more recent betas.

bp123

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2019
Now I realize why corporates use this app religiously, even someone hack it, it won't work anyway.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
That happened to me a few 13.0 betas ago, and I had to uninstall/reinstall and get a new key. At least that hasn’t started again with any of the more recent betas.

Thanks. Haven’t tried that yet mostly because it hasn’t been too critical without it

JWreck

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2016
It hasn’t worked for me on iOS 13 at all. I gave them some time to figure it out, but the deadline is now rapidly approaching with no communication about updates in sight, so now I am forced to call our account rep and have them explain their plan.

JWreck

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2016
Spoke with our account rep today. He’s working with his internal team to get more info, but sounds like they had an internal memo go out yesterday saying they were aware of issues but it didn’t specify any dates or expected timeframes.

Firewolve

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2009
As usual. Good / BlackBerry see no issue in starting to work on fixed when the final iOS version is out and then release a bugfix update a few weeks later

JWreck

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2016
As usual. Good / BlackBerry see no issue in starting to work on fixed when the final iOS version is out and then release a bugfix update a few weeks later

Yeah they tend to scrape by with these all the time. Frustrating for sure.

Firewolve

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2009
There is an update for BlackBerry Work available now that claims to be compatible with “the latest” iOS version

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.