Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YeetGuy33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2021
Hi,

I have a early 08 2.4ghz blackbook I want to upgrade to a 2009 to run cat and maybe even monterey. i am close to buying a 09 and want to get one anyways and saw a video of someone doing an upgrade but it wasnt really a guide. Does anybody know where I can find a guide?

Thanks,
Jesse

stevecc

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2019
Midland Ont
Yes,I know what you need and it works great!.Go to Mr MacIntosh on tube..He just released a video on how to upgrade to Monterey and your 2009 will work...watch video till they end...Good Luck..Right a few steps down if you have to...I did the first time.OCLP its called...Good Luck..its works great.

YeetGuy33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2021
Yes,I know what you need and it works great!.Go to Mr MacIntosh on tube..He just released a video on how to upgrade to Monterey and your 2009 will work...watch video till they end...Good Luck..Right a few steps down if you have to...I did the first time.OCLP its called...Good Luck..its works great.
Yeah, I have actually done this on a since retired mid 2010 whitebook. I am looking for a guide on doing the 09 mod on the 08 blackbook, cause that would look so great with dark mode, and the linux running on it currently is not as nice as normal osx but better than the ml that can be patched.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.