Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2Evan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
So looking for a solution to this one. Getting desperate. For a few days now, every time I start my MBA, I get no contents in my Mail messages (title bars normal), Safari (nothing doing, white pages; no progress bar, nothing loading; other browsers are working), and blank pages for the 5 tabs in App Store. iCloud, iTunes, and iWork (other than losing 2 docs to "can't open for a reason"; be careful people) are not affected. And iPads are working great.
Recently (since Sierra I figure) when booting, MBA would sometimes crash one time, then restart right away.
Maybe light at the end of the tunnel though. Booting in Safe Mode, Mail, Safari, and App Store work just fine.
Hopefully someone can provide a solution. Thanks.
Update: The tab App Store in iTunes also produces a blank page. Not the tabs Library and Updates.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Offhand, I don't recognize those symptoms.

Check this page for an explanation of Safe Mode as it might give you some clues as to where to look for causes of problems that arise during normal boot.

You may need to reinstall the OS as per the instructions on this page under the heading "If you're reinstalling for other reasons".

2Evan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
Offhand, I don't recognize those symptoms.

Check this page for an explanation of Safe Mode as it might give you some clues as to where to look for causes of problems that arise during normal boot.

You may need to reinstall the OS as per the instructions on this page under the heading "If you're reinstalling for other reasons".
[doublepost=1479435137][/doublepost]Thanks Brian.
Another person had the exact same issues as I'm having on another MAC forum. No solution there either. But someone recommended "EtreCheck". Did it, and sent it to my IT guys. In the end, they've decided what you last mentioned. Something about a problem at startup, which I've been experiencing since Sierra.
One more thing: the somewhat encouraging news was that by booting in Safe Mode, I could actually see what I could not previously (in Mail, Safari, App Store, iTunes App Store).
Again, thanks for your reply. Hopefully, solution will be found when we re-install the OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.