Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
This method:
"Open up FaceTime and tap on the info button next to the contact you want to block, or enter a number in the text bar at the top. Scroll down and tap on "Block this Caller" then "Block Contact" to confirm."
Also "control clicking" does not present the block option either. The only options on the drop down menu are to remove recents and similar choices.

Does anyone know how to block callers (not on your contact list but they try to Face Time you)?
I've declined their calls but they keep calling. I don't want to disable Face Time because I get calls from others.

Reactions: maverick28

techwarrior

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2009
Colorado
Is it FaceTime calls, or Calls from your iPhone that you want to block?

If it is the latter, disable call from iPhone.

Too bad Apple doesn't have a privacy setting that allows you to block any calls from callers not in your contacts.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
If it is the latter, disable call from iPhone.

Too bad Apple doesn't have a privacy setting that allows you to block any calls from callers not in your contacts.[/QUOTE]

No, I want to block Face Time calls from my iMac. The only time the block option comes up is when the person calling is in my contacts/address book. Otherwise, when either right clicking or control click, the only options are "FaceTime", "FaceTime audio", "Remove from Recents" or "Remove all Recents".

I realize that I could add the offending Face Time callers by adding them to contacts and then blocking them.
However I don't want them in my contacts/address book at all.

I agree. In the past (with previous operating systems) I was able to do that. But things change with each OS or IOS release and it's not always "for the better."

techwarrior

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2009
Colorado
The only time the block option comes up is when the person calling is in my contacts/address book. Otherwise, when either right clicking or control click, the only options are "FaceTime", "FaceTime audio", "Remove from Recents" or "Remove all Recents".

FaceTime > Preferences > Blocked. Add the offending numbers to the backed list.

On iPhone, Settings > FaceTime > Blocked.

Either way, they don't appear as contacts. They should sync between the devices.

With the rise of number spoofing solicitors, it is overdue that Apple add a setting on iPhones and Macs to block calls.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
FaceTime > Preferences > Blocked. Add the offending numbers to the backed list.

On iPhone, Settings > FaceTime > Blocked.

Either way, they don't appear as contacts. They should sync between the devices.

With the rise of number spoofing solicitors, it is overdue that Apple add a setting on iPhones and Macs to block calls.

I did try the first method you mentioned on my Mac. The problem is that when I click the "+" button a search field for contacts appears. Anything I type, whether it be an email address or phone number, is searched for in my contacts. From there, if the phone number or email address, it stalls. I can not make any more selections from that point.

I agree 100% that there should be a setting or other option to block calls (that includes FaceTime ). At one period in time this was actually easier to do. Don't know what happened with subsequent OS and IOS releases.

Thanks for trying to help!
[doublepost=1520009366][/doublepost]
I did try the first method you mentioned on my Mac. The problem is that when I click the "+" button a search field for contacts appears. Anything I type, whether it be an email address or phone number, is searched for in my contacts. From there, if the phone number or email address, it stalls. I can not make any more selections from that point.

I agree 100% that there should be a setting or other option to block calls (that includes FaceTime ). At one period in time this was actually easier to do. Don't know what happened with subsequent OS and IOS releases. The last time the block option worked, when the person was not in your contacts, was June 2017.

Thanks for trying to help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.