Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aditghai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
I just got my first pair of bluetooth headphones-Beats Solo 3. Before this I was using my iPod nano with wired Beats earphones, and I had the volume all the way up.

Now, I have the Beats Solo 3 and even with the volume all the way up, they are no where as loud as the earphones I had. However, when I plug in the solo 3 to the iPhone the volume is amazingly loud.

So my question is-do you get a volume hit when using Bluetooth v/s wired ?

Thanks

aditghai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
Mines opposite.

AirPods are A LOT quieter than my wired Apple EarPods....

Yes thats what I meant. Using the headphones on Bluetooth DECREASES the volume. Its bugging me greatly. Hopefully I will get used to it. I even tried using Mono mode, and that did increase the volume a little

Polaroid

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Yes thats what I meant. Using the headphones on Bluetooth DECREASES the volume. Its bugging me greatly. Hopefully I will get used to it. I even tried using Mono mode, and that did increase the volume a little

When I first got my AirPods they WERE louder than my wired and I ws amazed, but now its reversed.. I am assuming it was an OS update that caused it? I can barely hear my AirPods on the bus now which was never a problem before...

aditghai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 25, 2007
When I first got my AirPods they WERE louder than my wired and I ws amazed, but now its reversed.. I am assuming it was an OS update that caused it? I can barely hear my AirPods on the bus now which was never a problem before...

well to be honest, I can hear them fine but I like my music to be really loud. I guess I have to get used to them. I don't want to update to iOS 11 as my iPhone 6 plus 16 GB won't be able to handle it. Don't want to risk updating just for the headphone volume and then having a slow ass phone as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.