Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chucker23n1

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 7, 2014
I have a pair of Bluetooth earbuds (Beats Flex) and am trying to use them with Teams on a Mac, currently running 11.1 (20C69).

A few times, I noticed the mic just stopping after about five minutes. Disconnect the call, reconnect, and it works again. Today, it just flat-out didn't work right from the start. If I use Voice Memos to record something, it seems to work. If I use Teams's test call feature, that also seems to work. (They also work fine if I connect them to my phone instead and run Teams from there.*) So that would suggest a problem in Teams, but given how flaky Bluetooth was in 11.0.1 (basically all kinds of stuff like Apple Watch Unlock or Universal Clipboard was broken for me), I wonder if there's something going on at the macOS end.

*) I'd prefer to do that, but then if someone shares their screen, it… appears on the tiny phone screen. I could make it a team call and then join my Mac as a second device, but on a one-on-one, I can't do that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.