Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
Original poster
May 30, 2018
there
anyone else have issues with Bluetooth keyboard activation on a Mac mini using high Sierra?
I tried everything, even delteting library files, to moving the mini to a wooded table. The ihome keyboard works with the iPad, MacBook Air iPod Touch and airplanes flying over the house.
Any help would be appreciated!
(I’m trying to stop using an iPad appp to type on the mini)

scott:mac

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
Great Britain
anyone else have issues with Bluetooth keyboard activation on a Mac mini using high Sierra?
I tried everything, even delteting library files, to moving the mini to a wooded table. The ihome keyboard works with the iPad, MacBook Air iPod Touch and airplanes flying over the house.
What problem are you having exactly?

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
Original poster
May 30, 2018
there
The mini just does not want to connect.....even now,i enter the code, the Bluetooth symbol goes 3 dots, then back to returns to nothing connected.
Thanks for the reply!

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
Great Britain
The mini just does not want to connect.....even now,i enter the code, the Bluetooth symbol goes 3 dots, then back to returns to nothing connected.
Thanks for the reply!
Are you using an Apple Magic Keyboard?

Can you turn off the Bluetooth on your other devices - it may still be connected to one of those.

Also try turning your Bluetooth off and on.

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
Original poster
May 30, 2018
there
There is something wrong with the Bluetooth and high Sierra, I should take the mini apart
[doublepost=1527729432][/doublepost]
Are you using an Apple Magic Keyboard?

Can you turn off the Bluetooth on your other devices - it may still be connected to one of those.

Also try turning your Bluetooth off and on.
Ihome keyboard, the iPad won’t connect, but did using mountain lion, and Mavericks, I think

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2008
Great Britain
There is something wrong with the Bluetooth and high Sierra, I should take the mini apart
I wouldn’t go as far as taking anything apart. You’ll void the warranty and potentially break something irreversible.
[doublepost=1527729528][/doublepost]Try running through these steps. https://michaelkummer.com/technology/mac-bluetooth-issues-affect-keyboard-trackpad/

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
Original poster
May 30, 2018
there

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
Original poster
May 30, 2018
there
Delta Mac......what’s that flower you have on?
Thanks, I saw that a while ago, I might get that if I upgrade the mini.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Delta Mac......what’s that flower you have on?
Thanks, I saw that a while ago, I might get that if I upgrade the mini.

Could it be a rose from days gone by?
(took me a moment to catch the reference - and made my evening... Thanks! Was one of my old favs when it was first released. Tanya Tucker, right?

Reactions: MBAir2010

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
Have you told the mini to forget that particular keyboard before attempting to pair again?
Is the keyboard paired to any other Macs/iPads etc in the house?

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
Original poster
May 30, 2018
there
Counlessly, seems to me I need to dissemble the mini because Bluetooth keeps rejecting all connections.
Thank for the suggestion.

Hawk2Wind

Suspended
Oct 31, 2017
[doublepost=1543867263][/doublepost]Hi i have a problems getting Bluetooth on my Mac Mini to i have tried everything i have seen on here.I am using Mojave i have had my Mini just over a year its a 2012 version i don,t know weather anyone who owned it before me, had every put a Bluetooth on there.I would have thought there would be more Tech people on here.What i am thinking of doing is to get a
USB Bluetooth mini dongle.

Hawk2Wind

Suspended
Oct 31, 2017
[doublepost=1545603431][/doublepost]The simple answer is to get the magic mouse and keyboard 2 you can connect it whfi with the Bluetooth lightning cable you don,t need to both about the Bluetooth on here.The only downside with the mouse is the lightning connection is underneath it who thought of that:mad:why didn,t they put it on the side? You can,t use it when charging it, unlike the keyboard and track pad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.