Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kuddo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2021
Hello,
It's my 1st macbook ever, the M1. I got a Logitech Pebble bluetooth mouse and the cursor is rather choppy. Also it feels like it's moving at 30fps at best. The mouse seems to work just fine on a Windows laptop. On MBA M1 it is not as smooth at all.
Should I get a different bluetooth mouse? Is there a fix ?

If I should get a different mouse, are there any cheap alternatives that you know of and work good? I do not want to pay a lot since I will rarely use the mouse.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I would wait until the imminent release of Big Sur 11.3 with changes to BlueTooth.
I presume you have played with the settings in the Mouse Preferences panel.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
Might be bad antenna placement on the mac. Minis have a deadish zone about 8" in front of the Mac.
If possible, try moving your mac up, or elsewhere.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Hello,
It's my 1st macbook ever, the M1. I got a Logitech Pebble bluetooth mouse and the cursor is rather choppy. Also it feels like it's moving at 30fps at best. The mouse seems to work just fine on a Windows laptop. On MBA M1 it is not as smooth at all.
Should I get a different bluetooth mouse? Is there a fix ?

If I should get a different mouse, are there any cheap alternatives that you know of and work good? I do not want to pay a lot since I will rarely use the mouse.
Current Logitech mice all seem to suck on macOS when connected to bluetooth. Theory is something to do with the bluetooth chipset they use, but I'm not sure if it's macOS's fault or Logitech's fault. Using the included RF dongle bypasses the problem, but obviously not convenient on a laptop.

I have a Microsoft Modern Mobile Mouse which does not exhibit the behavior you're experiencing, though there is a momentary 1 second-long slight choppiness every 10-20 seconds that I'm not sure what it's from. I've got a ~10 year old Logitech bluetooth mouse that works perfectly, interestingly enough.

My Apple Magic Mouse (v.2) demonstrates absolutely no stutter at all.

Honza1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2013
US
Is your monitor connected at anything better than 30Hz? I have real difficulties getting HDMI monitors/TVs connected at 60Hz to my 2018 mini and M1 mini. Once I manage to get 60Hz, my BT mouse is perfectly fine. But most of the times I get only 30Hz and movement is choppy as you describe. The issue is not BT in this case but mini and HDMI...

maxsquared

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2009
London
I have the same problem with my MX Anywhere 2, and MX Master 2, had a MX Master 3 all seem to have the same issue, my headphone constantly drops out, I switched to Magic Trackpad for a few days, the issue is gone, then I plugged in the included unify receiver, it seems to be fine the last couple of days, and hopefully it stays like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.