Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
My iPhone 12 pro cannot recognize any of my previous bluetooth options (headphones, car, keyboard, etc.). My iPhone X which I still have worked flawlessly. Now when I try it, it recognizes the keyboard (MX keys) but when I go to connect it fails to connect. I tried just about everything; turning phone off and on, hard reset, turning bluetooth off/on, reset network settings. I even "forgot" the bluetooth items on my old phone just incase that was the issue (others have said bluetooth settings are tied to iCloud but should that even matter!?).

I feel like this isn't a prevalent issue searching through these forums / reddit. The software is up to date (which apparently was suppose to fix this issue). I don't live near an apple store and their support is currently limited with the holiday. So I will try back on Monday. I bought it from xfinity so I may just try to exchange it if they have the same make/model there but was hoping to avoid the hassle.

Anyone else experience these issues?

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
If they are copied from your old phone, delete and pair them again.
Thats the weird part... they aren't even showing up under bluetooth so I can't do that. However my LG TV will randomly show up and even connect to it.

Very weird, hoping to figure it out and not have to send this back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.