Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bruins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2007
Hi, does anyone know why photo's on iphoto are appearing blurry compared to the same photo's from the same source on my Kodak software? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Simon

mac1civ

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2007
St Helens, England
I have noticed that my photographs appear blurred in the import window, when importing photos. This is a pain as you can't see if the photo is out of focus or the subject has eyes shut etc.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
You can rebuild your iPhoto library. It has helped with this issue before but as always YMMV.

Hold down cmd+option when you launch it and you will be presented with this window

Picture 2.png

mac1civ

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2007
St Helens, England
Rebuilding the photos' small thumbnails seems to make the photos load much quicker, when double-clicked. And the image focusses quicker.

What additional advantages, if any, will the second option give - rebuilding all of the photos' thumbnails? I see that this can take some time to carry out.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Rebuilding the photos' small thumbnails seems to make the photos load much quicker, when double-clicked. And the image focusses quicker.

What additional advantages, if any, will the second option give - rebuilding all of the photos' thumbnails? I see that this can take some time to carry out.

It says it will take some time but that really depends on the number of photos/how fast your computer is.

Think it will give improved speed overall. But if you aren't having issues ...

mac1civ

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2007
St Helens, England
Yes, you are right, it only took about 7 minutes.

The photos to be imported from my camera still appears to be a bit blurred though. The only way I can make them not blurred is to reduce the size of the thumbnail down to a very small size ..... which defeats the object.

bruins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2007
I am not able to rebuild. I press the 2 buttons in sequence and nothing happens. I am using iPhoto 08. Will this affect?

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I am not able to rebuild. I press the 2 buttons in sequence and nothing happens. I am using iPhoto 08. Will this affect?

Press and hold both of the buttons as you double (or single if it is in the dock) click on the icon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.