Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janglin96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2022
Ive installed windows 10 using bootcamp assistant on my macbook pro late 2013. I got installed macos ventura via open core legacy patcher. After windows installation I tried to switch back to macos but all I got is startup error. Is there any way to restore this files? Here is error photo

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
That's not really an error, per se. It is simply reporting that your macOS system is either incorrectly installed, or reporting that some part of the system boot is missing, or corrupted.
You just installed Windows, and the Windows boot setup likely "messed" with the macOS boot files.
Reinstalling with your OCLP installer should fix that.

janglin96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2022
That's not really an error, per se. It is simply reporting that your macOS system is either incorrectly installed, or reporting that some part of the system boot is missing, or corrupted.
You just installed Windows, and the Windows boot setup likely "messed" with the macOS boot files.
Reinstalling with your OCLP installer should fix that.
I dont have oclp installer on windows neither on usb stick cause I used same usb stick to boot windows, is there any way to fix it from windows?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
So, you erased the USB stick, the one that you used for the OCLP install, so you could use that stick to install Windows?

Just a tip - If you set up a special installer, so you can use a macOS system too new for your older Mac, it's good idea to keep that installer, just in case you need it again. Set up a Windows installer on its own USB stick.

I don't know how you could re-make that OCLP installer in Windows. Easiest would be to do that on another Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.