Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blueclouds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2019
Hello there, I am trying to install windows with bootcamp on a macbook pro mid-2012 running Mojave but every time I try and run the install with bootcamp it gets stuck at "Downloading Windows support software...". I have attached a screenshot to this post. Any help would be much appreciated.
UZe5p99.jpg

Reactions: TheGenerous

blueclouds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2019
It's pretty fast the windows 10 iso file downloaded pretty quickly. Just seems to be a problem in bootcamp.

ALan Rees

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2020
I am having exactly the same issue with the same model MBP! Has no one got a solution? :(

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
It is possible to install Windows without the Bootcamp Assistent and complete missing drivers afterwards (or even install drivers using a different MacOS Bootcamp Assistant which works if one has an older MacOS).
I placed a thread how I did it.
Many drivers can even be found with third part applications like DriverMax if one uses them with cautious and takes enough time since the free version of DriverMax allows only 2 drivers a day.

ALan Rees

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2020
It is possible to install Windows without the Bootcamp Assistent and complete missing drivers afterwards (or even install drivers using a different MacOS Bootcamp Assistant which works if one has an older MacOS).
I placed a thread how I did it.
Many drivers can even be found with third part applications like DriverMax if one uses them with cautious and takes enough time since the free version of DriverMax allows only 2 drivers a day.
Could you link to your thread or should I look up threads you've started? Thanks.

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Is is the 21. thread in the section Windows Linux and others of this Forum.
„Possible. Windows 10 without Bootcamp Assistant.“
Regards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.