Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Happy_OcUK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2018
Good Evening,

I'm running the latest Public Beta of Mojave, but the issue described below has been present/not fixed on the last few releases. I've spent hours scouring the web regarding my issue and I've given up and I'm now seeking assistance :)

Recently I went to boot into Windows (Windows 10 Pro x64) from a cold start and noticed that there was no boot choice, I then went into StartUp disk within OSX and noticed that Windows wasn't listed. Loading up Disk Utility, there is a partition named 'Untitled' that matches my BootCamp partition:

However, I am unable to mount or repair it. I've also seen several references to the below command. Sadly, I get an error when trying to run this.

Command: sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0
Error: gpt show: unable to open device '/dev/disk0': Operation not permitted

Summary of my current volumes:

Any assistance would be HUGLEY appreciated!

Thanks!

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Good Evening,

I'm running the latest Public Beta of Mojave, but the issue described below has been present/not fixed on the last few releases. I've spent hours scouring the web regarding my issue and I've given up and I'm now seeking assistance :)

Recently I went to boot into Windows (Windows 10 Pro x64) from a cold start and noticed that there was no boot choice, I then went into StartUp disk within OSX and noticed that Windows wasn't listed. Loading up Disk Utility, there is a partition named 'Untitled' that matches my BootCamp partition:

However, I am unable to mount or repair it. I've also seen several references to the below command. Sadly, I get an error when trying to run this.

Command: sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0
Error: gpt show: unable to open device '/dev/disk0': Operation not permitted

Summary of my current volumes:

Any assistance would be HUGLEY appreciated!

Thanks!

Disable SIP and retest...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.