Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
got the nikon d40 w/ 18-55 lens. paid $540 out the door at circuit city.

what a nice camera. now all i need to do is learn how to use it. :p

here is a sample picture i shot earlier today here at the office.

juicyfruit.JPG

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
i hope to join this club very soon! :)

did they give you a book or a discount on a book? plenty around. i plan to buy a 'bible' and then test the principles :)

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
got the nikon d40 w/ 18-55 lens. paid $540 out the door at circuit city.

what a nice camera. now all i need to do is learn how to use it. :p

here is a sample picture i shot earlier today here at the office.

juicyfruit.JPG

Please use a smaller file size next time. Great first picture, in focus, and sharp. A little underexposed but overall a great practice shot.Congrats on the purchase, wish i could have bought the lens I picked up yesterday for that price. Much more but then again when you buy Pro level stuff you pay pro level prices. (For those interested it was a Nikon 300mm F2.8D II)

As for learning to use it, practice makes perfect. As well, you can also check out dpreview.com there is a couple of forums there that could help you out.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2005
Please use a smaller file size next time. Great first picture, in focus, and sharp. A little underexposed but overall a great practice shot.Congrats on the purchase, wish i could have bought the lens I picked up yesterday for that price. Much more but then again when you buy Pro level stuff you pay pro level prices. (For those interested it was a Nikon 300mm F2.8D II)

As for learning to use it, practice makes perfect. As well, you can also check out dpreview.com there is a couple of forums there that could help you out.

i know more than enough about "pro level" prices. my dj mixer that i use in my studio was close to a couple of grand. that's not including everything else that is hooked up to it.

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
i know more than enough about "pro level" prices. my dj mixer that i use in my studio was close to a couple of grand. that's not including everything else that is hooked up to it.

I totally understand that as well was looking at Pioneer 1000's (I think, CD turnatables, been a while since ive looked them up) back when I was in college and DJing on the club/party scene. The way I see it for my photo equipment, is I will make it up in the long run. In the end it will help me get the shots I might miss with a shorter reach.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.