Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
My friend was talking about how he can set his camera to to take 3 or 4 different exposures in a row without him having to change the camera settings. Can I do this with my D40? I was looking over the manual and in the part where it (to me) looks like it is talking about bracketing (that is what he called what he does) it just say's that my camera has an auto-exposure feature or something like that. Is there a way for me to take 3 or 4 exposures at one time on my d40 or not? And if there is, How do I do it?

sonor

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
London, UK
I don't think you get auto-bracketing on the D40, but you can manually set exposure compensation for much the same purpose - it's just not as fast.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
My friend was talking about how he can set his camera to to take 3 or 4 different exposures in a row without him having to change the camera settings. Can I do this with my D40? I was looking over the manual and in the part where it (to me) looks like it is talking about bracketing (that is what he called what he does) it just say's that my camera has an auto-exposure feature or something like that. Is there a way for me to take 3 or 4 exposures at one time on my d40 or not? And if there is, How do I do it?

The D40/40x/60 do not have bracketing. You could take the picture in RAW format and mess with the exposure in post-processing.

HomeingPigeon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
I guess I will just need to get a better tripod then. My tripod moves just allitle when I got to change the settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.