Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eauboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Washington, DC
My D80 has can bracket three shots, which means using a tripod and my wireless release I can get a decent range (without touching the camera) for HDR photography.

But what if I want more than three exposures? How are those of you who do multiple exposures managing not to move the camera when you change exposure settings?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
My D80 has can bracket three shots, which means using a tripod and my wireless release I can get a decent range (without touching the camera) for HDR photography.

But what if I want more than three exposures? How are those of you who do multiple exposures managing not to move the camera when you change exposure settings?

Can't Photoshop align layers now in CS3? I tried it held held without a tripod and it seemd to work. It works well and it's automatic.

But it you have a sturdy tripod moving the command dial a few clicks shouldn't move the camera. If the tripod is really light and moves try hanging a weight between the legs. A bag of rocks, backback or what ever you have.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA

If your tripod moves when you change the shutter speed, you don't have a sturdy enough tripod. You're paying the price for small, light and cheap. However most software that does HDR will re-align the images if necessary.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Do you mean your D80 doesn't allow for 5 photo bracketing, and only allows for 3 photo brackets? If that's the case, and if that's the problem you're having, you may be out of luck. :eek: With your tripod, try taking 3 bracketed photos, change the shutter speed 2 stops worth, and taking another 3 photos.

Either that or take 3 bracketed photos in RAW format, and edit 2 copies of the RAW files to produce 2 new photos. That way, you'll have your 3 originals, and 2 new photos you produced by adjusting the exposure on your originals.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.