Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Delorean2006

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
Hi, I just received my first ever Braided Solo Loop, I tried the Solo loop on in store and did the sizing (ordered 1 size down), well I received my solo loop, attached it to my AW and it feels a little loose, not super tight, but it's not falling off my wrist, compared when I tried it on in store and also I think I wore my Alpine loop a little tight, for those who have owned one (I know it'll stretch over time) but should I order another size down because it'll stretch over time or would it possibly too tight?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I wear one size smaller Braided Loop vs. Solo Loop. If I wear the same size, it’s too loose & loses skin contact / locks the watch.

Reactions: PaladinGuy

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
My story is similar.
BSL for 45 mm
Sizing from printed template: 6-7 closer to 7.
Ordered 6 - was too loose (not stretched at all)
Ordered 5 - fits well

For 41 I guess 6 will be enough but will not try.

Last edited:

Delorean2006

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
My story is similar.
BSL for 45 mm
Sizing from printed template: 6-7 closer to 7.
Ordered 6 - was too loose (not stretched at all)
Ordered 5 - fits well

For 41 I guess 6 will be enough but will not try.
Thank you for the reply, that’s exactly my dilemma, template said 7, went down a size, kind of loose, have a 5 out for delivery. I know it’s going to stretch over time but if the 6 is already a little loose, its only going to get worse.

Reactions: addamas

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
I started off 2 sizes down and 6 months later it stretched till it was too loose. I went down another size and it was quite tight. Now it is borderline too loose 7 months later. I’m disappointed in the braided solo loop.

tuanlouis

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2020
My wrist is like 16cm.

I wear Solo loop size 7 and it never stretches.
For Braided solo loop, size 6 fits snug, however was afraid that it would stretch later so I went down one size. On the first month I felt a little bit tight but now so comfortable with size 5.

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
  • Sad

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
It’s why I’ve pretty much stuck to third-party braided solo loops from Amazon. I love them, but $100 is steep for something that may not work down the road. I’ve been super happy with my $13 ones!

Colepail

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2019
I have seen a few posts from people that say the newer BSLs (last 2 years) have less tendency to stretch than those that were released in its first year of being offered. Has anyone here noticed that?

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
I have seen a few posts from people that say the newer BSLs (last 2 years) have less tendency to stretch than those that were released in its first year of being offered. Has anyone here noticed that?
That’s right. I have one 44mm (Pride Edition) and few newest 45mm and 44 is most stretchy of them all.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
As much as I love the initial feel of the braided solo loop (it's my favorite out of the box), mine slides almost halfway up my arm now, and I had it 1 size too small when I got it. I do have wide hands compared to my wrists, so it does have to stretch to get on.

I think there is no way for that band to last, if you use it daily. I still have my original sport band from my S0, the braided solo loop is the only Apple band I have that I now consider a disposable item, and it was too much money to be unusable so quick.

tommyboy9996

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2009
NJ - Ocean County
I thought I had heard this as well. I had two size 7’s from the first year that stretched within 1 year and are loose on me now. I just ordered two, one is a size 6 and the other is a size 5. The size 5 has the Ultra really tight against my wrist that it left the indentation from the watch itself and band marks, the 6 feels better with no Ultra indentations and light band marks. I’m just worried it will loosen up again and I’ll be out the money like the other two I have. Debating on which size to keep.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I'm a bit frustrated with the braided loops.

I have two from the first set that have loosened at least one full size (stretched from a size 7 to the same length as a size 8; I checked). One slightly mores than the other. So they're pretty loose - not fall off loose, but more than I'd like. Like wearing a size too big, since, y'know, they stretched basically full size. OK. They said they might stretch... Strategy time...

So when I bought another one, from the second set of colors released (I think the color is Plum maybe), I bought one size down (a size 6 this time), presuming it would stretch in a similar fashion and give me essentially a size 7 when broken in. I've warn it a lot. It hasn't stretched. Like AT ALL. And that's despite me actually trying to stretch it. I give it some very vigorous pulls frequently to get it to like a size 6.5. But no. So it's tighter than I'd like and seems like it'll stay that way. I think, "maybe they changed the material." Damn. Strategy, take 2...

So then I bought the Black Unity braided one at the original size from above (size 7, which is the proper size for me when not stretched out). Hasn't stretched either, thankfully this time, just like my size 6 one... but it's a size 7, so it fits great! Success! No stretching! Guess they did change the material, or so I'm thinking.

OK, I think, they've got the material perfected. Bought a new Midnight in size 7. Shouldn't stretch, right, since the last two haven't despite getting lots of use. And if the size 7 Black Unity is the right size, the Midnight in size 7 should be just right, too... right? Guess what... starting to stretch out! So now it's a little loose!

FML. I can't win. I'm not doing anything differently to one that I'm not doing to the others.

Whole thing is wildly inconsistent. I may not buy another one. Maybe it's just me, but I think I'm done with the braided loops.

Reactions: seajewel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.