Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lastgreen

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2017
Hello everyone im in need of dire advice... I purchased a 2019 ipad from amazon in August of last year...
Tonight it accidentally fell from the bed and the entire screen shattered its basically unusable.

I checked the warranty and its under warranty until August 24th 2020
My problems are:
1. i live in JAMAICA
2. Covid-19 has shut down the borders

Would apple do a replacement?

How would i get this sorted out with apple? Because chances are Covid-19 will be around for a very long time and im not sure what the borders will be like until then.

(I have an address in america as well)

cupcakes2000

macrumors 601
Apr 13, 2010
If your postal system is still working, then you can still send it away to be fixed. You’ll have to check on what coverage you have warranty wise though, even with Apple care you often have to pay something towards broken screens.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
Unless you took out Apple Care and have accidental damage cover then Apple is not going to replace it, A repair is your only option whether by Apple, an Apple authorised repair shop or a 3rd party.

Reactions: 0128672

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
Presumably you would be able to get an out of warranty replacement (basically means that the warranty does not cover the repair as well as for iPads that would have been covered but the warranty has actually expired.) There would be a fee payable which varies depending on the model. Up to you to decide whether paying that fee for a refurbished replacement or buying a new iPad would be the better option.

I’m not sure what model you have (the 2019 iPad didn’t come out until Q3.) Do you have the Mini or the Air instead, which came out in March 2019?

Reactions: secretk
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.