Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josiah Tft

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 31, 2020
I closed my 2017 MacBook Pro and there happened to be an sd card sitting on the edge of the computer and was between the screen and the body when i closed the computer. Visually everything appears normal and nothing broken.

The screen is now black, and doesn’t work. There is a small portion along the top of the screen that does work.
I hooked the computer to my external monitor, the image on the external monitor is also glitchy.
The computer had a brand new battery and logic board installed 3 months ago(paid for by Apple).

Thoughts????

arche3

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2020
Send back to apple tell them now after repair it doesn't work. It is not the sd card thing. I don't think they are that fragile. It is most likely the repair.

maclaptech

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2021
I closed my 2017 MacBook Pro and there happened to be an sd card sitting on the edge of the computer and was between the screen and the body when i closed the computer.

Thoughts????
Your display internal LCD screen is damaged. Unfortunately, you need to replace the whole top display assembly.

maclaptech

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2021
Send back to apple tell them now after repair it doesn't work. It is not the sd card thing. I don't think they are that fragile. It is most likely the repaiMa
Unfortunately, MacBook screens are extremely fragile. The SD card has caused pressure to the internal LCD screen and has damaged it. His display assembly needs to be changed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.