Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2019
My 3rd phone was just picked up and I am baffled.

There are so many people that are having issues with this iOS 18 garbage that it should be stopped!

I was in manhattan tonight and I had full bars and 5G UWB and couldn’t access anything on the phone connectivity wise.

Apple Store App and Apple Support App were useless. Couldn’t open them up.

All day a mail error as attached to this post.

I have never had a problem with a phone or shall I say phones out of the box like I have this week.

This update to iOS 18 right out of the box that doesn’t even have a build number, could that be the culprit?

I’ve googled this and I see others are having the same or similar issues.

The Apple Store has been great but their geniuses are USELESS! No one can answer what is going on. These guys and gals make a decent salary, at least give them the tools to be able to answer questions.

Oh not to mention signing me out of my Apple ID on the phone a couple of times.

They really need to get their act together in Cupertino. These devices aren’t cheap and our time’s are money. We deserve better.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

I went from a 16 PRO MAX (black) to a 16 PRO (black) to a 16 PRO (natural). All 1TB models.

Not that color should matter but I’m trying to give as much info as possible. Also all devices unlocked on Verizon’s network.

Thanks for reading and can we have a little support here please. Thank you again !

Attachments

• IMG_8420.jpeg
    IMG_8420.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: antiprotest

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2019
I am beyond shot. I don’t know who to call and where to start.

The outsourcing of verzion employees has made it really difficult to get good customer service from Verizon wireless.

I’m stressed.

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2019
You are missing my point. Why is this happening and why can’t I call TECH SUPPORT and get an answer

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2019
Yet again. This time not even on an active phone. Using WiFi only.

Attachments

• IMG_8424.png
    IMG_8424.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8423.png
    IMG_8423.png
    157.4 KB · Views: 11

User #07242024

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2024
Is Wi-Fi also Verizon? Can you check settings > about > then screenshot the part containing Network Provider etc.

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Im having a really annoying bug where if i try and move multiple apps at once to a folder or another page, my phone basically freezes or gets extremely slow. I hope they fix this crap with 18.1

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012
I’m having all sorts of bugs on my 16p with iOS 18. Especially with Siri, CarPlay and overall smoothness.

I don’t remember a release this bad for me since iOS 11(or 10, I don’t remember it was so long ago.)

Reactions: Elusi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.