Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
If I want to use the bulb setting for long exposure on the Nikon D40 I have to hold the shutter button down? That seems a little silly. The manual says I have to hold it down, or use the optional ML-L3 remote. I guess with the remote I just have to push the button once, then push it again when I want the camera to stop. Is there anyway to get around this? Is there a way to just push the shutter button and it stay open until I push it again?

epicwelshman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2006
Nassau, Bahamas
That's the main reason i bought the ML-L3 remote. I hardly use bulb, but when I do it's invaluable. Frankly, just buy the remote. it's cheap, and it makes a world of difference... especially if you do a lot of long exposures.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
That's the main reason i bought the ML-L3 remote. I hardly use bulb, but when I do it's invaluable. Frankly, just buy the remote. it's cheap, and it makes a world of difference... especially if you do a lot of long exposures.

Yea, I am going to get it. I'll see if my local stores have it. I heard that it is backordered alot. Amazon has it, but some people said that it says in stock, but they ordered it and it says they might not get it for one to two months! And Ritzcamera.com says it will ship when it is delivered by the manufacturer. I'll just have to hope that maybe my local stores have it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.