Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ultrasaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2020
NYC
Hey everyone, thanks for the advice on my last thread. Decided I'm going to end up attempting to install Tiger on my G3 Clamshell. (300MHz)

That said, I need a Tiger install on CDs instead of a DVD, because of the age of the machine. I had someone mention that there was a CD-Burnable Tiger installation on Macintosh Garden, but I have yet to find it. Does anyone have a link to a version of Tiger that can be burned onto CD-Rs? I assume it would be multiple images since the rare Tiger CD's came on what I believe to have been four discs.

Thanks again! (And sorry if this is a little off topic for the PPC section, but it's a follow-up, and I wanted folks to actually see it :p)

ultrasaw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 28, 2020
NYC
Toasts are usually burned in a toaster oven though... Meh, I want some nice 'n' fresh croissants!
?

also, real quick while we're on the subject: can you confirm if the above method of changing the file extension works?

Amethyst1

macrumors G3
Oct 28, 2015
also, real quick while we're on the subject: can you confirm if the above method of changing the file extension works?
Yes. Just checked it for the fourth image. Mounts just fine and I don't have Croissant Toast either.

Code:
~/Downloads>pdisk -l Tiger_CD4.iso

Partition map (with 512 byte blocks) on 'Tiger_CD4.iso'
 #:                type name                 length   base   ( size )
 1: Apple_partition_map DiskImages-generated     15 @ 1
 2:           Apple_HFS DiskImages           487976 @ 16     (238.3M)
 3:          Apple_Free DiskImages-generated     16 @ 487992

Device block size=2048, Number of Blocks=122002 (238.3M)
DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0

• Love
Reactions: ultrasaw

z970

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2017
@Amethyst1 Forget your croissants!

maxresdefault.jpg

I want a glazed chocolate pound cake! :D

Why, oh why must glyphosate exist?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.