Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drakas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2015
Hi,
I'll go to Japan this December and my intention is to buy an Apple Watch 3 (GPS version only) from a Japanese Apple Store.

My question is:
I live in Italy (Europe), so will be perfect compatible for my country and with my iPhone?
So full support of national GPS, Wi-fi, Apple Pay and no drawbacks?

Thanks a lot :D

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
I read that watch (or iPhone, can't remember exactly) sold in Japan has a little thing extra for Apple Pay there. Don't think you'll lose anything.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
It will work just fine for GPS, Wi-Fi, and Apple Pay. Japan uses the same Watch models that are sold in the UK, Germany, Switzerland and France for example. Would you not be better served by purchasing within the EU for Warranty service?

Dave

Drakas

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2015
It will work just fine for GPS, Wi-Fi, and Apple Pay. Japan uses the same Watch models that are sold in the UK, Germany, Switzerland and France for example. Would you not be better served by purchasing within the EU for Warranty service?

Dave

Buy from Japan, I'll get 12 months of warranty worldwide instead of 24 months when I buy in Italy... of course I prefer Japan for save bucks if there aren't drawback :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.