Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unisim22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2016
Napoli
Hi all,

I am going to buy a MacBook on some website in Europe. I was wondering why the cheapest price are on ebay UK....could someone rid of my doubts?

p.s: could you advice me some website in Europe where I can do some deals? the best it it provide the invoice

Thanks in advance

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
I suspect they may be grey imports, we see a lot here in UAE and often the approved dealers are very unhelpful if you have problems, especially with Iphones.

In the UK you should fare better with consumer law etc and MAC's have full international support, unlike Iphones that have a get out clause "Return to country of purchase" which is not often invoked, but is possible. See if the ebay seller is an authorised Apple retailer.

With AppleCare you should be 100% covered for your rMB. Also check out that the standard 30 days return for mail order is applicable and of course use a credit card to protect yourself further under sale of goods acts as applicable for your country.

kvyoung

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2015
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
I bought mine on eBay.ca (Canadian site) and paid a fraction of the normal price here . It was an open box with 2 cycles on the battery and a 3 year transferable Apple Care Warranty. The seller was in the U.S. When I transferred the warranty even the Apple Rep said I got a heck of a deal for the price I paid. I have bought several systems off eBay and never had a problem although I'm selective of the seller feedback and usually watch what they are selling for a little while so I know when a decent price comes up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.