Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

summero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
San Diego, CA
Are you in education? It's only $99 with a student/teacher discount.

Yes, I am a student. I saw the $99 one on the Adobe site. I just wanted to see if there were any other cheaper places... heh, I'm pretty low on money at the moment :eek:

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Yes, I am a student. I saw the $99 one on the Adobe site. I just wanted to see if there were any other cheaper places... heh, I'm pretty low on money at the moment :eek:

You wont do any better than the student price. You might find places where they are offering a discount on the full price, but even that won't beat the student price.

Remember, you can also try it for 30 days for free while you save you pennies :)

summero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
San Diego, CA
You wont do any better than the student price. You might find places where they are offering a discount on the full price, but even that won't beat the student price.

Remember, you can also try it for 30 days for free while you save you pennies :)

Haha yep I just downloaded the 30 day trial tonight! :) Hopefully I'll get enough money by the time the trial ends or I'll be sad haha.

summero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
San Diego, CA
Yeah, I downloaded it yesterday, so I'm in the same situation you are. Having fun with it so far.

Yep yep, I'm liking it so far. I want to learn how to change the color of the background of a portrait image though! Do you happen to know how to do this?

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Yep yep, I'm liking it so far. I want to learn how to change the color of the background of a portrait image though! Do you happen to know how to do this?

You can't really do this in Lightroom. The best you can do is change the saturation and hue etc. of the background,

failsafe1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2003
Sounds like you need photoshop. If you do the photoshop route you get Bridge which is a lower rent version of Lightroom or Aperture.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Or just get Lightroom and Elements rather than Photoshop. How many people actually need Photoshop for their photos? Probably only a small percentage of people who have it installed on their computer.

summero

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
San Diego, CA
Thanks for the help, everybody! :) I actually got a key code for Lightroom today from a friend for free, so it's all gravy now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.