Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jay.Jay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2016
I am looking into replacing a current computer lab. We are using 16 MacBooks 2009 but need more stations. Long story short, is there any solid news about the mini coming soon with new processors? I really hate to buy 16 new mac minis and then a week later a significant hardware update comes out. I am getting close to pulling the trigger. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
I am looking into replacing a current computer lab. We are using 16 MacBooks 2009 but need more stations. Long story short, is there any solid news about the mini coming soon with new processors? I really hate to buy 16 new mac minis and then a week later a significant hardware update comes out. I am getting close to pulling the trigger. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

Either October or not anytime soon. As slow as Apple is I would expect no new Mac Minis until at least 2017, maybe 2018, if they're not updated with iMacs in the fall.

Micky Do

macrumors 68020
Aug 31, 2012
a South Pacific island

Thanks in advance

Most of the Mac line-up is due an update. As suggested above, around October could see something happen, but it is no sure thing. Early 2017 maybe, but I doubt that it would be as long as 2018. When it does come the update may not be all that significant anyway, more evolutionary than the revolution that some seem to desire.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.