Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JustSomeDesignr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2010
Images take at Rainbow Springs State Park - Florida

Attachments

• IMG_6767_RS BigFall.jpg
    IMG_6767_RS BigFall.jpg
    740.9 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_6773_RS FAll.jpg
    IMG_6773_RS FAll.jpg
    841.2 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_6787_Sunset.jpg
    IMG_6787_Sunset.jpg
    730 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_6700 RS Lake.jpg
    IMG_6700 RS Lake.jpg
    819.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_7086, IMG_7085.jpg
    IMG_7086, IMG_7085.jpg
    793.2 KB · Views: 215

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
The palms trees one doesnt seem to have a real subject, my eye just wanders around the frame. and as stated above the last one is over processed. see the white "halo" around the trees? That means you are doing too much. :)

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
attachment.php

A bit over sharpened and the vingette does nothing for the image. Let the beauty of the waterfall speak for itself.

attachment.php

Slow shutter speeds and landscapes are tough, this one isn't soft due to movement it's out of focus, look at your fencepost.

attachment.php

Over sharp and really takes away from the image. Aside from it being a very cookie cutter sunset, it's just there.

attachment.php

Over processed again, not sure what I'm looking at but the scenery is pretty. I'd like to stick a lounge chair there with a cooler of booze and escapee for a week.

attachment.php

Very soft, very processed, dust on your sensor or lens should be cleaned up. It looks like there may be a fire nearby but I doubt that was the case. I think it's a start but I would go wider, leaving the gazebo to the right and including more water. After you clean your lens of course.

Overall not terrible but over processed, over sharpened, and soft focus are things that sort of take away from the beauty.

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Slow shutter speeds and landscapes are tough, this one isn't soft due to movement it's out of focus, look at your fencepost.

Very soft, very processed, dust on your sensor or lens should be cleaned up. It looks like there may be a fire nearby but I doubt that was the case. I think it's a start but I would go wider, leaving the gazebo to the right and including more water. After you clean your lens of course.

Overall not terrible but over processed, over sharpened, and soft focus are things that sort of take away from the beauty.

I'll second Jessica's suggestions, though I think most of the softness is probably due to diffraction and not camera movement. They're definitely way over processed for my taste.

I think the composition is the best in the second waterfall picture, though I would consider using a larger aperture next time, and drop the vignette too. I'm guessing you were trying to get a longer shutter speed, but I'd either look into getting a ND filter or using a lower ISO to avoid the diffracting blurring.

JustSomeDesignr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2010
Only the last is HDR. The others were sharpened and the vignette was added. The fourth of the palm trees and lake is as it was photographed no post processing was done to that image. Thanks for the comments.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.