Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sotrosh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2019
Hi,

Since Apple calculator is not available on Apple Watch and slightly poor with features on iPhone, I've developed app you can download for free which doesn't have any advertisement.

Just try it:
Download on the App Store

WZICeMR.png

Last edited:

sotrosh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2019
New update 1.13 is available:
  • Added ability to remove last symbol/number on iPhone/iPad;
  • Fixed minor bugs (including order of operations) and performance improvements;

Stay tuned to get more.

P.S. In next update going to add "tip" & "percent" features for Apple Watch.

Last edited:

Crowbot

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2018
NYC
New update 1.13 is available:
  • Added ability to remove last symbol/number on iPhone/iPad;
  • Fixed minor bugs (including order of operations) and performance improvements;

Stay tuned to get more.

P.S. In next update going to add "tip" & "percent" features for Apple Watch.

Currency converter on the watch would be handy.

one1

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
I picked this up today and it works as expected. Most of us old school mac guys picked up macs for their simplicity and “just works” functionality. This may be in it’s infancy, but it’s just enough to be useable without a bunch of added fluff. I think the only thing that would be an actual improvement in my opinion would be selective color options on the watch. (Dark mode, light mode)

crjackson2134

macrumors 601
Mar 6, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Would it be possible to add haptic feedback so that you can hear and/or feel successful key presses? And perhaps (possibly using then iPhone AppleWatch app) make this feature configurable so that it can be enabled/disabled.

Looking forward to % key...

Crowbot

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2018
NYC
Would it be possible to add haptic feedback so that you can hear and/or feel successful key presses? And perhaps (possibly using then iPhone AppleWatch app) make this feature configurable so that it can be enabled/disabled.

Looking forward to % key...

You could try PCalc. It's a program for the iPhone but has a watch app too. It has haptic feedback as well as voice input.

greenbre

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2019
Maryland
You could try PCalc. It's a program for the iPhone but has a watch app too. It has haptic feedback as well as voice input.
Is there a calculator app for the watch that includes a % function? The one installed with the AW5 is missing this feature (or maybe I just haven't found it yet). Thanks!

Crowbot

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2018
NYC
Is there a calculator app for the watch that includes a % function? The one installed with the AW5 is missing this feature (or maybe I just haven't found it yet). Thanks!

PCalc has percent, converters and a voice input. Of course, Siri is pretty good at simple calculations. The Phone app is pretty powerful too.

Spike77777

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2019
Utah
There is a % function in WatchOS6, just press and hold the TIP button and you can choose the tip function or %.

Reactions: rugmankc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.