Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
I subscribe to a calendar which gives me the Thai Buddhist holy days. These are based on phases of the moon and occur about once a week.

The default alert time for these all day events is 9:00 AM the day before. I would like it to be at 4:00 PM the day before.

Each event has an entry like this: TRIGGER:pT15H

I believe that sets the alarm to be 15 hours before the day of the even which is 9:00 AM of the day before.

I changed the entries on all events to: TRIGGER:pT8H, which would be the time I want. But, by the time the event rolled around the time had reverted to: TRIGGER:pT15H for all events.

The only way I can think of to fix this is to change the permissions on the file to 444 (read only for everyone).

Is there a better way?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I don't know of any system hack to change the default.

You could consider subscribing to the calendar via a Google account (and using "Delegation" in the macOS Calendar prefs). At the Google calendar website you can change when the all-day event notifications occur on a per-calendar basis, in most cases.

This is another reason I have my calendars through Google.

Reactions: Buadhai

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
Thank you. That worked. I used Delegation to add the subscribed calendar to the Calendar app on my iMac, but I can't figure out how to add it to the Calendar app on my iPhone/iPad.

I have Google Calendar on my iPhone, so perhaps that's enough.

Thanks again.

==========

Edit: I finally found the answer. In order to sync the subscribed calendar with your iPhone you need to go to this page: Sync Settings

Once you check the subscribed calendar, it will sync up with the iPhone Calendar app.

What a lot of work to simply change the alert time!

Last edited:

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
OK. This is too funny. As suggested by @BrianBaughn, I did the "Delegation" which added the subscribed calendar to my iMac, but not my iPhone. Then I did Google Calendar Sync Settings. This added the calendar to my iPhone and also to my iMac. So now there are two copies on the iMac and one on the iPhone.

😂

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
OK. This is too funny. As suggested by @BrianBaughn, I did the "Delegation" which added the subscribed calendar to my iMac, but not my iPhone. Then I did Google Calendar Sync Settings. This added the calendar to my iPhone and also to my iMac. So now there are two copies on the iMac and one on the iPhone.

😂
Can't you just uncheck the delegate?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.