Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VSG

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 9, 2014
Hi there!

As much as I love Apple products, I'm using Google for services like Contacts, Calendar, etc. This works pretty well on all my devices.

Yesterday, I created an event for tomorrow using Siri on my Apple Watch. That event was created, I can see it when I open the Calendar app on my Watch - but it is nowhere to be seen anywhere else! My iPhone doesn't show it, my Mac's Calendar doesn't. Even when logging in to Google Calendar, that entry simply isn't there.

I tried logging into iCloud to see if it was created there - no, not there either.
The calendar's name shown in the Watch Calendar is simply "Calendar". No calendar on my Google account carries that name. Do you have any idea where that event is placed and how I can delete it?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Best regards,
VSG

PS: No, I don't have iCloud Calendar activated on my iPhone simply because I don't want duplicate entries of all my events.

VSG

Contributor
Original poster
Aug 9, 2014
Ok, I found a solution to my problem.

It appears the calendar-event created with Siri on the Apple Watch is created in the iCloud Calendar even if you don't have it activated. The fact that the event didn't show up in the online iCloud Calendar was due to the fact that on my iPhone iCloud Calendar was deactivated.

Steps to solve:
On iPhone activate iCloud Calendar, then the event created with the Apple Watch shows up. You can edit or delete it then.
Afterwards deactivate iCloud Calendar again.

Why Siri on the Apple Watch doesn't create events in the default-calendar set on the iPhone but rather on the iCloud Calendar by default I don't know. But it is not very convenient.

Best regards,
VSG

PS: How can I mark this as "solved"?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.